Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Cecily on the town with grandma and grandpa

My parents just left town (sob!) after a lovely trip out to see Cecily. My dad kept saying how she is so much more than he expected. I have never had a baby before, so I can't compare, but I will note a few things I love about Cecily:

 - She loves making eye contact with people. She will stare at people in the store until they notice her and then smile when they meet her eye. (It goes without saying that people loooove this.)
 - She talks. A lot. Or "sings" as my dad calls it. She has only one consonant, m, with an occasionally b and some hand to mouth percussion.
 - Often her singing/talking is punctuated with hand movements. Most recently it tends to be two fists straight out.
 - When she is very interested in something or paying attention to something, her hands and feet are moving in little semicircle motions. It is very cute.

I feel so blessed to be her mom and get to see her change and grow. It seems like every day there is something new. For instance, today for the first time, she pushed up with her arms!

Cecily wanted to show grandma and grandpa around a bit, so to humor her, we visited...

the U.S.S. Constitution (Old Ironsides),


Bunker Hill,

Walden,

Lexington and Concord,


the ward trunk or treat,

Boott Mill Museum in Lowell, MA,

and finally Mike's pastry shop, Modern pastry shop (twice) and Arthur's pastry shop (twice). Those Italians sure know how to bake, right dad?

There was lots of good grandma and grandpa time for Cecily.


We already miss you!


4 comments:

  1. Tell the pastry shops to get ready - we are coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecily sure knows how to show people a good time! She is adorable as Frankenstein! Happy Halloween. So glad your parents had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss you too! I was just thinking today that a week ago we were in Boston. Happy Birthday to Katie in 4 days. Wish we could be there to sing Happy Birthday to you again. Still remember your arrival on earth- what a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post and pictures! All your posts are good. I wish I could see Cecily stare at me and wait for me to look at her and then smile, like you said. How cute! I am glad your parents were able to come visit. Awesome places to go see, too!

    ReplyDelete