Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Summary

We haven't posted since Mexico, which isn't surprising because our normal daily life isn't as exciting as a trip to Mayan Mexico. Nonetheless, Alex pointed out to me that if I ever want to become rich from the blog, I will have to post more often than once per month.

So...

Here is how life has gone since Mexico:

1. My computer died. So I apologize if I haven't been checking your blogs. I lost all the bookmarked addresses.
2. Did I mention I got a tick in Mexico?
3. And Alex got a bad, swollen, red, huge skin rash on his face and neck in Mexico. Thank goodness for steroids.
4. I started work as a veterinarian. It felt official when I got scrub tops with my name on them.
5. We celebrated the 4th of July with some really good food:

Grilled goat cheese pesto pizza, among other things. 

6. We tried Jana's Poacher's Pie recipe and shared with some friends. It was a good recipe! It made for a wonderful meal with friends. 




7. Summer is halfway over. That is a depressing thought. Enjoy it while you can.

8. We discovered some wild berry brambles near our house a few mornings ago and made away like bandits!


which became

frozen yogurt.

9. Ruben, having guarded our home from bad guys while we were away in Mexico, now demands to be called Master Ruben.


10. We went camping with some friends a few weekends ago. Camping in Illinois is... flat. But it IS fun and well worth the effort if you make sure to go with the right people.




11. Please don't ever let me help you with your flower beds. They might end up looking like this:


12. I like hearing Alex play guitar.

4 comments:

  1. Awww... your hanging basket is cute! I love it. :) Camping looks fun, I agree who you're with improves IL camping. I hope you are enjoying your new job lots still. Thanks for the update and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summer sounds very exciting! Summer has just started for us - school is finally now out. Love all your food photos! Yum. Glad the recipe turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great update, Katie! No, I did not know you had a tick. But, no Lyme disease, thankfully! Your life is so varied and the pictures give me a sense of all the "color" in your lives - except Alex, who is in grey tones ;-) Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, a tick! I love all the pics. You guys are adventure-personified :) Your friends are also adventure-personified. I hope your new job is all that and a bag of chips. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete