It looks like this at the end of March
But when the clouds finally clear, there are some gorgeous sites
The desert sagebrush...
and the mountains... not something you see in Illinois.
And everywhere you look, there are sheep! Even places you don't look. (And everything you see, including clumps of wool, piles of snow, and rocks start to look like sheep.)
(Warming up chilled lambs in a lamb jacuzzi)
Stinkers. Moms put up with so much.
(Getting weighed)
Here's another hint: It's a federal facility, so you can't ride in the back of the truck.
Me, Nicole from UC Davis and Melissa from University of Wisconsin.
There's also a real live veterinarian, Dr. Liz Adams.
She's a super rockstar.
Since there are so many sheep, you might come across something strange every now and then.
(two headed. He (they?) didn't make it)
Final hint: while I was here I was able to make my sister's birthday cake. Thank you, David Lebovitz, for an awesome recipe.
And of course I visited this whipper snapper.
Look at her awesome hair!
The end. If you still don't know where I was for the sheep part, I will give you a final hint. Ok, that wasn't really a hint.
WOW - you have been having an Idaho adventure and I didn't even know you were gone. That is why it is no fun living SO far away :( Glad you got to see your family!! I'm sure Alex is ecstatic that you'll be home now :)
ReplyDeleteLet me guess.....it looks like a Hawaiin luau to me so you must be in Hawaii? Thanks Katie and Jessie for my wonderful "end of chemo" party with surf and turf and cherry chocolate fruit cake! Yum!
ReplyDeleteKatie, that was so interesting! And your mom looks terrific!! Glad you are now safely back home with your Alex :-)
ReplyDeleteI was going to say Hawaii too! What a great picture of Kathy! Love the lambing season. I'm confused about the sheep though- shouldn't they have a big woolly coat on? They look like they've just been sheared!
ReplyDeleteThat is a good point. They started shearing before lambing a few years ago for a few reasons, the main one being that the quality of the wool is increased. Otherwise, there is a "stress line" because the ewes are stressed at lambing and the wool is not very high quality.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like quite an adventure. I'm happy smells don't translate across blogs :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got to visit home.
That looks like a fun place :) Glad you got to go to Idaho!!
ReplyDelete