This week we welcomed three new animals into our home. Actually, into our garden. There was no room in the inn, so we built them a garden condominium.
Let me introduce Balthazar. He hops around a lot.
This is Portia. She hops around a lot too.
She likes bottled water. I think this picture makes her look smaller than she really is. Guess how much she weighs. If you guessed less than ten pounds, my theory was right.
Finally, Juno. She is the smallest of the three.
The top of her head is still black. It will turn silver with time.
These guys are all Champagne d'Argents (breed). They are born black and then mature to the color you see. They are very stunning, especially compared to the puny little wild things hanging out around here all the time that are about 1/10th the size of a full grown Champagne.
Here is the full bunny condo. Don't mind the compost heap.
And Alex requested that I show some pictures of our garden. Please don't feel bad if you happen to live in Idaho and can't plant your garden yet because it snowed yesterday.
The only other significant news from our side is that Ruben finally made some new friends. He is somewhat socially challenged, so this is a big step for him.
Noah and Bella are good friends to have.
Cute bunnies!! I wish I could see them and hold them and see how big Portia really is.
ReplyDeleteI am jealous, rabbits AND a garden. All we have in Idaho is a rototilled garden waiting to be planted. It snowed yesterday at 3 PM and once AGAIN I carried all the flowers and bedding plants back into the garage. They have moved back and forth from the deck to the garage so many times, I think they feel they are foundlings!
ReplyDeleteBut we do have baby kit fox in the pasture, majestic ice blue snow topped Tetons to gaze at and Idaho mountain bluebirds at the bird feeder. Even though I wouldn't classify Idaho as warm it is beautiful.
I think the rabbits look like they will be a lot of fun to care for and pet. Their fur looks so "petable", just like Ruben!
Idaho mom
Hooray for bunnies! They are very distinguished looking. Are you going to breed them?
ReplyDeleteWell, it looks like you two found a way to have your "Champagne" and to eat it too! Impressive :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful bunnies!
ReplyDeleteEverything looks great!
ReplyDeletei wouldnt mind at one point if one of the baby bunnies were named kiki...im just saying...
ReplyDelete